NCI’s HIV/Cervical Cancer Prevention ‘CASCADE’ Clinical Trials Network is a cooperative agreement-funded program focused on pragmatic clinical trials to optimize the cervical cancer screening, management, and precancer treatment cascade for women living with HIV.
‘CASCADE’ Network Organizational Units
CASCADE Network Coordinating Center (CNCC)
- Frontier Science, with University of Wisconsin and University of California, Los Angeles
Research Bases (RB)
- RB1: University of Washington, with Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- RB2: Weill Medical College of Cornell University, with Moffitt Cancer Center and University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- RB3: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Clinical Sites (CS)
- CS1: Uganda: Makerere University Walter Reed Project, with US Military HIV Research Program and Uganda Cancer Institute
- CS2: Kenya: Emory University, with Coptic Hope Center for Infectious Diseases and Kenyatta National Hospital
- CS3: Botswana: Brigham and Women's Hospital, with Botswana Harvard AIDS Institute Partnership
- CS4: US/Georgia: Emory University
- CS5: Rwanda: Research for Development, with Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Rwanda Military Hospital
- CS6: Kenya: Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI), with Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology
- CS7: Zimbabwe: University of California, San Francisco, with University of Zimbabwe
- CS8: US/Maryland: University of Maryland, Baltimore
- CS9: South Africa: Centre for the AIDS Programme of Research in South Africa (CAPRISA)
Unified Network Initiative to Enhance Community Dialogue and Site Education (UNITED)
UNITED provides a dynamic framework for both ULACNet and CASCADE to promote activities that build shared trust between researchers and communities, and to ensure that research outcomes and benefits are disseminated to study participants and the broader community.
UNITED will enhance both the ULACNet and CASCADE networks by:
- Providing a forum for network members to share knowledge and lessons learned on effective strategies for enhancing study recruitment and community engagement;
- Providing training and educational opportunities for CASCADE and ULACNet members; and
- Providing clinical trial resources for network study participants, their families, and the public.