- Almost every cancer patient reports some fatigue
- Length and depth of sleep may not relieve fatigue
- Cancer patients can experience mental fatigue as well as physical fatigue
- NCI-supported studies of exercise, including yoga, have shown that activity reduces symptoms of fatigue for some cancer patients
- Fatigue related to cancer and its treatment is often not relieved by rest
NCI supports research to measure, understand, and treat fatigue in cancer patients.
For more information, see: https://prevention.cancer.gov/supportive-care.