The Cancer Prevention Fellowship Program at the National Cancer Institute is the flagship multidisciplinary postdoctoral training program in cancer prevention. This intramural program has been in existence at the NCI since 1987 and has trained hundreds of cancer prevention researchers, many of whom are in leadership positions across the United States and internationally. The CPFP is expanding its leadership team and will be hiring a doctoral-level scientist who will bring new perspectives and a strong commitment to advancing the mission of this exceptional training program. Specifically, this is a nonsupervisory leadership position that will mentor fellows from a variety of different disciplines representing the full breadth of cancer prevention research (e.g., basic, clinical, and social sciences, as well as epidemiology, biostatistics, engineering, and related areas) and contribute to the development, implementation, and evaluation of cancer prevention program activities within the CPFP.
Example job duties for this position include:
- Providing individual and group mentorship and coaching to our amazing postdoctoral fellows
- Assessing evolving training needs in the field of cancer prevention and the everchanging professional workforce; devising plans to fill those needs
- Assessing the professional and scientific development training needs of individual fellows, and devising plans to fill those needs
- Developing curriculum for and facilitating leading fellow training sessions
- Evaluating program activities to enable program improvement
- Publishing on advances and best practices in postdoctoral training and support
- Collaborating with CPFP Branch team
- Building partnerships within and outside of the NIH to enrich opportunities for our fellows
- Assisting with promotion, recruitment, admissions, and outreach efforts for the CPFP
- Developing and assisting in the implementation of initiatives to advance equity, diversity, and inclusion within CPFP
- Analyzing and implementing institutional policies related to postdoctoral trainees
Strong candidates for this position include individuals with substantial experience in cancer prevention research and/or scientific and career development training as well as individuals earlier in their career who have a passion for training that they could cultivate within the CPFP. Doctoral-level scientists across all disciplines relevant to cancer prevention are encouraged to apply. This position is in Rockville, MD and will be filled at the GS-12 or GS-13 level.
Interested candidates should apply to the announcements below and can contact Dr. Jessica Faupel-Badger, firstname.lastname@example.org, for additional information.
Job announcement open & closing dates: September 18-27th, 2023.
For qualification requirements, evaluation criteria, and application instructions, view the vacancy announcements at http://jobs.nih.gov/globalrecruitment on September 18, 2023.
HHS and NIH are Equal Opportunity Employers.