Date: March 9-11, 2021
NIH and the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) are offering a three-day, virtual educational opportunity that will provide specialized instruction in the role of diet and bioactive food components as modifiers of cancer incidence and tumor behavior.
As a participant in this practicum, you will:
- Learn pertinent pre-clinical and clinical studies related to bioactive food components, cancer prevention and survivorship;
- Identify the impact of cutting edge research on cancer prevention, including topics such as the microbiome, nutrigenomics, and bioenergetics;and
- Acquire additional skills to formulate research ideas and communicate effectively.
The virtual practicum is open, at no cost, to individuals with a sustained commitment to nutrition and health promotion.
Dates and Locations
The LIVE ONLINE John Milner Nutrition and Cancer Prevention Research Practicum will be held on March 9-11, 2021.
Registration for this meeting is not yet open. Agenda and meeting details to follow.
Continuing Education Credits will be available for RDNs.
- Nutritional Science Research Group, Division of Cancer Prevention, NCI, NIH
- Department of Nutrition at the Clinical Center, NIH
- USDA Beltsville Human Nutrition Research Center
About the John Milner Nutrition and Cancer Prevention Research Practicum
Dr. John A. Milner (1947-2013), was an internationally respected scientist known for his work in human nutrition and cancer prevention. It is in his honor that this practicum is convened. Dr. Milner served as Chief of the NCI Nutritional Science Research Group in the Division of Cancer Prevention from 2000 to 2012.
Point of Contact
Elaine Trujillo, M.S., RDN
Nutritional Science Research Group
Division of Cancer Prevention
National Cancer Institute
National Institutes of Health
9609 Medical Center Drive, Room 5E568
Rockville, MD 20850