Meetings & Events
Investigators' - Site Coordinators' Opportunity for Research Excellence
March 20-21, 2014
NCI Shady Grove Campus
9609 Medical Center Drive
Rockville, MD 20850
Conference Room TE406
The DCP Organ Systems Research Groups develop, support and oversee clinical cancer prevention trials and promote participation by all populations. The trials are designed to evaluate the safety and efficacy of promising new preventive agents, the utility of novel biomarkers and the value of innovative technologies to identify premalignant lesions. The Consortia for Early Phase Prevention Trials program was created to facilitate the efficient implementation of these studies by teams of multidisciplinary investigators.
To stimulate information sharing and collaborations among DCP staff and consortia members including consortia coordinators and consortia investigators
To develop strategies to enhance the chemoprevention research program - both scientifically and operationally
The agenda will include the following:
- Review of pre-clinical data to identify potential high-priority chemoprevention agents
- Identification/discussion of novel agents and agent combinations
- Identification/discussion of intermediate endpoint biomarkers for early detection and for prevention
- Discussion/establishment of DCP tissue biorepository
- Presentation on the use of digital media and other approaches to enhance accrual
- Discussion of efficient/effective approaches to study management including monitoring, agent repository and regulatory requirement issues.
Consortia PI and Site Coordinators, DCP Staff, Scientists presenting chemopreventive topics and guest speakers
View the workshop agenda.
Questions and late registration queries about the I-SCORE Workshop may be directed to Perquita Perry via emailing her at: email@example.com.
Back to top